Sunday, October 31, 2010

Gender and Education

While I was googling "gender and education", I decided to type "What do people think of women educators?".  The results surprised me to say the least.  While I scrolled down the page, it seemed that every other listing had something to do with women and sex.  Why is it that there are more women as educators, but they are still viewed by some in a sexist view?  I did find a great article though on women as educators and what educated women can do.
The following article that I found on google was about gender discrimination in education.  This article states that it is sad to see girls or the 'fairer sex' as they are referred to, being sidelined for no apparent reason. It was interesting to me because this article shows the reader how girls can sometimes be victimized in school and especially once they are out of school and into the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment